Job ID 14340
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary and ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; and providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; and applying restraints.
- Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine and recording intake and output information.
- Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients’ call lights and requests; and reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping patient information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures; federal, state, and local requirements; and jcaho standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, and maintaining licensure.
- Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNA Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Knowledge of relevant nursing care
- Friendly and professional bedside manner
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Multi-tasking skills
- Effective oral, written, and reading communication skills
- Understands legal implications of patient care
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Appropriate license